Twelve DiMI partner institutions from seven countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, and Sweden) are involved in the different research activities of this work package.
Leader of the WP is Andreas Jacobs University Hospital of Cologne, (Cologne, Germany).
The main objectives for this project period (JPA5) are:
- Final evaluation of labelling strategies and parameters for visualization of grafted or endogenous NPC/NSC by optical, radionuclide and MR imaging
- Continuation in the assessment of recruitment and characterisation of grafted or endogenous NPC/NSC
- Analysis of new transgenic animal models expressing BLI reporter genes specifically in neuronal precursors and their progeny
- Functional assessment of cell grafts for Parkinson’s disease with special emphasis on methods to eliminate the risk of graft induced dyskinesias
- Correlation of imaging parameters with change in clinical phenotype (stroke, parkinson): exploration of the relationship between quantitative values derived from cell therapy and functional changes
Research activities in this field are covered by:
- Coordinator, Leader WP10