Ten DiMI partner institutions from five countries (Germany, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, and United Kingdom) are involved in the different research activities of this work package.
Leader of the WP is Michael Schäfers from the University Hospital Muenster (Muenster, Germany).
The main objectives for this project period (JPA5) are:
- Multimodal imaging of classical and new mouse models of arteriosclerosis in vivo using the already established protocols in individual mice
- Characterization of a new mouse model of atherosclerosis with spontaneous myocardial infarctions (SR-B1-/-/ApoEhypo/hypo)
- Optimization of tissue embedding for multimodality imaging
- The selection of Llama-derived VHH antibodies to a chemokine receptor suitable for use in
ApoE-/- mice to detect specific stages of plaque development in the carotid artery
- Improvement of PCA to determine flow profiles in the mouse carotid artery
- Compilation of data collected and acquired in JPA1-4 with publication in scientific journals
Research activities in this field are covered by:
- Leader WP11.1